The South Australian Government is committed to the full and equal participation of women in all aspects of social, political, cultural and economic life. Achieving this goal requires the development of inclusive policy that recognises the role that gender and gender relations play in ensuring more equitable outcomes for all South Australians.
The lived realities of women and men in South Australia are informed by gender, age, race, socio-economic status, culture, sexuality and disability. Applying gender analysis to policy, program and service development and implementation acknowledges how these realities impact on the participation of different groups of women and men.
Office for Women has developed an information kit – Inclusion Matters: A Public Sector Guide to Gender Equity to assist policy makers in applying a gender lens to their work.
- Inclusion Matters: A Public Sector Guide to Gender Equity – OVERVIEW (PDF 491.6 KB)
- Inclusion Matters: A Public Sector Guide to Gender Equity – SNAPSHOT (PDF 335.2 KB)
- Inclusion Matters: A Public Sector Guide to Gender Equity – CHECKLIST + CASE STUDIES (PDF 233.5 KB)
- Australian Bureau of Statistics - Gender Indicators, February 2014
- Gender Analysis: Implementing the Canadian Model (PDF 131.8 KB)
- Gender Impact Assessment: Implementing the Netherlands Model (PDF 133.9 KB)
If you require any additional information on working towards gender equity contact the Office for Women.