SA Women in Sport Taskforce
The SA Women in Sport Taskforce works to improve gender equality in all aspects of South Australian sport.
The South Australia Women in Sport Taskforce Action Plan 2016 -18 intends to quickly turn the issues facing women in sport around by:
- Stopping high school and primary school students from dropping out of sports;
- Creating opportunities for businesses to better collaborate with sportswomen;
- Providing advice for female athletes on contract negotiations;
- Attracting more women’s sporting events to South Australia;
- Removing cultural barriers for women in sport;
- Increasing the number of women on sports boards and as CEOs of sporting organisations.
Follow the Taskforce on Facebook.
- How does your sport compare? Gender composition of SA State sporting organisations - Office for Recreation and Sport
- Words into Sporting Action Guide to Achieve Gender Equity in Your Sport and Recreational Organisation and Improve Performance - Office for Recreation and Sport
- Women in Sport Leadership Register Australian Sports Commission
Women's Facilities Grants
The Female Facilities Program helps eligible organisations to develop sustainable, functional, inclusive and fit for purpose female change room facilities that meet the current and future needs of the South Australian sporting community.
State Sport and Active Recreation Organisations, Industry Representative Bodies, Local Government, Community Groups, Incorporated Sport or Active Recreation Clubs that do not hold a gaming machine licence are eligible for the grants.
For more information visit the Office for Recreation and Sport.