Many people, particularly women, struggle to balance work and the responsibilities of caring for
children, family members and friends. Access to flexible work options provides women with the ability to
manage their work and caring responsibilities while remaining in employment.
There are benefits to flexible work options for both employees and employers. Flexible working arrangements can include:
- Flexible location, eg working from home or somewhere else more convenient, instead of the office.
- Flexible hours, eg changing start or finish times to accommodate personal or family commitments.
- Flexible patterns, eg for example, working longer days to provide for a shorter working week.
- Flexible rostering, eg split shifts.
- South Australian public sector flexible workplaces guideline
- Flexible Workplace Futures Equal Opportunity Commission
- work smarter. work better. work flex. Chiefs for Gender Equity
- Australia's Hidden Workforce Kronos Australia research into flexible work
- Workplace Flexibility Workplace Gender Equality Agency