Increasing women's leadership and participation
- Improve the profile of women as leaders across government, business and community.
- Increase the number of women represented on Government boards and committees.
- Encourage all South Australian workplaces to improve gender diversity in their workforce at all levels.
- All women, including vulnerable groups of women, are encouraged to participate in decision making that impacts their lives.
South Australia has always been a progressive State and was the first colony in Australia and the first place in the world to grant women both the right to vote and stand for election to Parliament. Building on this strong history, the South Australian Government is committed to enabling women to reach their full potential as leaders in every field, in our community, in our public service, on our boards and in our Parliament.
It is equally important to recognise and celebrate the achievements of our women leaders across all areas of our community.
Increasing women's leadership and participation supports the South Australian Government's Economic Priorities
- South Australia − the best place to do business
- Growth through innovation
- The Knowledge State − attracting a diverse student body and commercialising research
- Unlocking the full potential of South Australia's resources, energy and renewable assets
- Premium food and wine produced in our clean environment and exported to the world
- A globally recognised leader in health research, ageing and related services and products
- Adelaide, the heart of the vibrant state